The Kearney Park & Recreation Department offers numerous seasonal positions annually. Age requirements, hourly pay, job qualifications, and work hours vary by position. Be part of the KPR Team!
Recreation & Aquatics
- Jobs available from January-April, May-August, and September-December. Applications will be accepted 1-3 months prior to the season beginning. Please check with KPR regarding application deadlines, pay ranges, and work schedule.
- Positions include: Instructors, Coaches, Officials, Program & League Supervisors, Special Event Aides, Pool Cashiers, Lifeguards, Pool Managers, Marina and Concession workers, and Activity Center Monitors.
- Park maintenance jobs are available in the spring, summer and fall. Applications generally accepted from mid-January to mid-February for summer employment, and in August for fall employment. Applications may be accepted throughout the year for positions that do become available.
- Positions include: City Park & Ballfield Maintenance Workers, Cemetery Maintenance Workers and Nature Barn Attendants.
- Rock Garden Ranger applications accepted in mid-March. This position is solely for 15 & 16 year olds. Involves general maintenance work throughout city parks. Two work shifts are available: 7:00 - 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
- Golf course jobs are available in the spring, summer and fall. Applications generally accepted in mid-January to mid- February for spring/summer employment, and in August for fall employment. Applications may be accepted throughout the year for positions that do become available.
- Positions include: Golf Services (clubhouse, driving range/carts, concessions) and Golf Course Maintenance Workers.
Yanney Park Facility Ambassadors
- Applications generally accepted from mid-January to mid-February; however, positions do become available throughout the year.