Advisory Board of Park & Rec Commissioners/ Tree Board
- 4:15 p.m.
- Third Thursday of each month
- Council Chambers, 2nd Floor City Hall, 18 East 22nd Street
- The Board is an advisory board, thus having only that duty and power to advise and recommend to the Council and City Manager in the following areas of concern: laying out, improvement, beautification and design of grounds, bodies of water and buildings now owned or hereafter acquired for public parks and recreational facilities and to advise and recommend for program planning and leadership of recreational activities.
- The Board may prepare such rules and regulations as may be deemed necessary for the management and care of City parks and to ensure the orderly use of parks by the public and the protection thereof from acts of vandalism or malicious mischief. Such rules and regulations shall be submitted to the Council for approval and adoption.
- It shall be the additional responsibility of the Advisory Board of Park and Recreation Commissioners to study, investigate, counsel, develop, and revise as needed, written plans for the care, preservation, trimming, planting, replanting, removal, or disposition of trees and shrubs in parks, public ways, streets and alleys.
- The Advisory Board, when requested by the Council, shall consider, investigate, make findings, report and recommend upon any special matter of question coming within the scope of its work.
View members of the Advisory Board of Park & Rec Commissioners/ Tree Board. Six (6) members of the Board shall be appointed by the Mayor/President, subject to the approval of the Council. Two (2) members of the Board shall be appointed by the Buffalo County Board of Supervisors. The members of the Board shall serve for a term of five years; provided, the initial members of the Board shall be appointed in such a manner as to provide staggered terms, with one and two terms expiring each year. The Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson shall serve for two years. At the first meeting in August of each year, the members of the Board shall meet and elect one of their own members as Chairperson and another one as Vice-Chairperson.
The City Manager and the Chairperson of the County Board of Supervisors shall serve as ex officio members of the Board. Four members of the Board shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
Special Membership Requirements
Two members of the Board shall be appointed by the Buffalo County Board of Supervisors.