Kearney Public Library will be offering a series of computer classes for using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Publisher. The classes will be divided into basic, intermediate, and advanced sessions, with each section lasting two weeks. The class times are as follows:
• Microsoft Excel – Basic: Tuesdays, March 12 &19 from 5:00 to 8:30 p.m.
• Microsoft Excel – Intermediate: Tuesdays, March 26 & April 2 from 5:00 to 8:30 p.m.
• Microsoft Excel – Advanced: Tuesdays, April 9 & 16 from 5:00 to 8:30 p.m.
• Microsoft Publisher – Basic: Tuesdays, April 23 & 30 from 5:00 to 8:30 p.m.
• Microsoft Publisher – Advanced: Tuesdays, May 7 & 14 from 5:00 to 8:30 p.m.
To register, please call the Library at (308) 233-3612 or sign up in the computer lab. Class size is limited to 12 participants.
Central Community College, one of the LBBNC program partners, has contracted with the Nebraska Library Commission to schedule computer-related training sessions at no cost to the Library or patrons. Classes will be taught at Kearney Public Library by instructors from Central Community College. This project was supported in part by the Department of Commerce, National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), Broadband Technology Opportunities Program (BTOP), funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, as administered by the Nebraska Library Commission.