Rental Applications

All facilities may be rented a year in advance, to the date.

To rent a facility (except the Gail & Michael Yanney Pavilion, see below), you need to complete a Facility Rental Application and pay the rental fee before we can secure the location for you on our calendar. You may pick up an application at the Park and Recreation Office at 1930 University Drive, Monday-Thursday, 7:30am to 5:00pm; Friday, 7:30am-Noon, or download the Rental Application here. The fee is due at the time the reservation is made. The Cottonmill Lodge is the only facility that requires a key. The key must be picked up Thursday of Friday, prior to the rental. Please call 308-233-3231 to insure availability before submitting a Rental Application. 

To reserve the Gail & Michael Yanney Pavilion, please click here for the application.

Special Events, that will draw a large number of people to the park (ART in the Park, Crane River Theater Performances, Music Concerts, Etc.), need to fill out the Special Event Permit Application. This application can be picked up from the Park and Recreation Office or download the Special Event Permit Application here. These events also require a $1,000,000 Certificate of Liability. 

Facility rentals will be authorized as long as they do not conflict with the City of Kearney, Park and Recreation Activities. We will inform you at the time of initial request if there is a conflict.

Weddings in the Parks

We have several areas available for outdoor weddings.Our three popular locations are the Harmon Park Rock Garden, Cottonmill Amphitheater and Cope Amphitheater at Yanney Park. The cost for a wedding at any outdoor location, except the Cope Amphitheater, is $75 per time spot. Weddings can be booked from either 8:00am to 2:00pm or 3:00pm to 9:00pm. Both time slots can be reserved for $150. The Cope Amphitheater is $100 per time spot or $200 for both time spots. You may pick up a form at the Park and Recreation Office at 1930 University Drive, Monday-Thursday, 7:30am to 5:00pm.; Friday, 7:30am-Noon, or download the Wedding Rental Application here.

Rental Procedures

We have Rental Procedures for each of our facilities. The Rental Procedures can be downloaded here Rental ProceduresWe ask that you take the time to read the appropriate section for the facility you are reserving, prior to signing the Rental Application/Wedding Application/Special Event Permit Application.

Insurance Policy

The City or Kearney does require a $1,000,000 Insurance Policy for events that are open to the public and take place at City Facilities. Examples of this, but not limited to, include:  Youth and Adult Tournaments/Camps not affiliated with an association, Running or Walking events that are conducted on the City’s hike and bike trails (Walks and Runs must be affiliated with a non-profit organization or other approved organizations), Special Events that will draw a large number of people to the park (Art In the Park, PraiseFest, Music Concert, etc). 

The City needs to be named as an additional insured on the Certificate of Insurance. The name, date and location of the event needs to be listed.  The City of Kearney needs to be listed as an additional certificate holder as well. Organizations need to provide the Certificate of Insurance to the Park and Recreation office no later than two weeks in advance of the event. If insurance is not received, the City reserves the right to cancel the event.


Groups reserving a facility may cancel 30 days in advance of rental date or more to receive a partial refund. There is a $30 cancellation fee for all enclosed buildings. There is a $15 cancellation fee for weddings, shelters or amphitheaters. There are no refunds issued if cancellation is less than 30 days from rental dates. There are no refunds for outdoor facilities due to inclement weather.  

Alcohol and Smoking

Alcohol is not permitted at any City Park, Harmon Park Activity Center, Gail & Michael Yanney Pavilion and Courtyard, Mitzi’s Pavilion, ERC Building, or the Cottonmill Lodge.There will be no exceptions to this rule. Smoking is not permitted in the Harmon Park Activity Center, Gail & Michael Yanney Pavilion, Mitzi’s Pavilion, ERC Building, or the Cottonmill Lodge.

Jump-a-Roos (Bounce House)

A Rental Application Form must be filled out requesting to place a Jump-a-Roo in a City Park. A $25 fee will apply if the group has not reserved a facility with us. A meeting must be scheduled with our park staff prior to placement to show renters where irrigation is. Events open to the public with a Jump-a-Roo require a $1,000,000 Liability Insurance Policy. We do not allow Jump-a-roos with water features.